People address the problems with antibiotics and conventional medicine, but if you employ conventional medicine to heal viral infections with antibiotics, you are only adding up to the body’s resistance to antibiotics.
If you use conventional medicine to heal viral infections with antibiotics, you are adding up to the body’s resistance to antibiotics.
Also , you are not activating any of the healing processes in the body responsible for recovering the main state of the mechanism.
Herbal remedies are the roots of traditional medicine and can repair lung damage, heal infections and enhance the overall health.
Here is a list of 15 Herbs That Promote and Enhance Lung Health
1. Licorice Root
- used in the Traditional Chinese Medicine in many formulas
- able to harmonize the synergy of all other herbs
- Licorice is one of the most utilized herbs worldwide
- it softens the mucous membranes of your throat, lungs, and stomach and cleans any inflamed mucous membrane that requires support from the immune system
- it decreases throat aggravation and acts as an expectorant
- alleviate bronchial spasms, chunk the free radicals that indulge inflammations and stretching of the air paths
- fighter against viral and bacterial problems that cause lung infections due to their antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Flavonoids and glycyrrhizin can prevail the cancer cells from forming thus can prevail lung cancer.
- traditionally used by Native Americans for thousands of years to strengthen the lungs
- clears out excess mucus from the lungs and bronchial tubes
- soothes the mucus membranes in the lungs and has been shown in research to assist with asthma, coughs, bronchitis, and other lung ailments
- available in dried form for tea or as an alcohol extract known as a tincture.
- burning the plant- vaporization is a way to remove all the toxic breakdown of therapeutic elements in the herb. Cannabis is definitely one of the most potent anti-cancer herbs on the planet
- have anti-invasive cannabinoid effects and ability to stimulate the receptor activators in certain genes
- vaporizing this plant helps the active compounds to improve the natural response of the body and significantly reduce the risk of infections.
Cannabis is extremely effective for treating and preventing asthma due to its ability to open up sinuses and air paths.
4. Osha root
- native to the Rocky Mountains, traditionally used as lung medicine for a long time now
- the root contains camphor and other compounds for lung support. It also increases blood circulation to the lungs!
- has compounds that are natural decongestants and histamine reducers that have direct benefits on the respiratory tract and nasal passage flows
- fight off the dangerous bacteria Staphylococcus aureus, better than the most common antibiotic treatments.
- fight against chest congestion
- has powerful antiseptic ,antibiotic and anti-fungal properties
- treats acne better than expensive prescription creams
- destroys viruses, bacteria and infections and also prevent bacterial infection pneumonia.
- in Appalachian folk medicine Lobelia’s benefits are usage as “asthmador”
- Lobelia is the most valuable herbal remedy
- Lobelia inflata extracts have positive effects in the treatment of multidrug-resistant tumor cells
- an alkaloid lobeline found in Lobelia breaks up congestion and thins mucus
- The adrenal glands are stimulated by Lobelia to release epinephrine that relax smooth muscles,and it is added in many cough and cold remedies.
- used by Native Americans to clear out excess mucus that impairs lung function
- used as a natural antibacterial agent for for people who are prone to lung infections like bronchitis, helping to lessen infection
- for regular use : one teaspoon of the herb per cup of boiling water, drunk three times per day for about three weeks of use Elecampane in tincture format for ease.
- used to relieve throat irritations and improve the health of the respiratory tract
- its active compound is known as Cineole, ingredient in syrups and cough remedies.
- Cineole possesses ability to relieve a cough, fight congestion, and treat irritated sinus passages
- this herb can be used as a support to the immune system due to its potent antioxidant properties.
- Both the flowers and the leaves of the mullein plant are used to make an herbal extract that helps strengthen the lungs
- used by herbal practitioners to clear excess mucus from the lungs, cleanse the bronchial tubes, and reduce inflammation that is present in the respiratory tract
- a tea can be made from one teaspoon of the dried herb to one cup of boiled water
- you can also take a tincture form of this herb.
- a tree-growing lichen, which resembles lung tissue in appearance
- helps clear congestion
- helps enhance your respiratory and lung health
- possesses certain compounds that are extremely effective against harmful organisms .
- used to support respiratory health and lung detoxification
- possesses potent antioxidants that help resist irritation and NDGA that fights histamine response
- NDGA helps block aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis, which is the energy-creating ability, of cancer cells. This plant also helps fight harmful organisms
- it is available in tincture form and as tea
- drink chaparral tea to help in the treatment of respiratory problems by stimulating an expectorant action to clear your airways of mucus.
- the textured leaves of the sage release a strong aroma, which emerges from the essential oils of the plant
- these oils are the primary roots of a host of benefits of sage tea for common respiratory and lung conditions
- used to treat coughs and sore throat
- inhaling teas’ vapors from sage can diminish lung afflictions and sinusitis
- you can also brew an undiluted pot of sage tea and put it in a vaporizer or a bowl.
14. Plantain Leaf
- used for centuries to help soothe irritated mucous membranes and relieve coughs
- its active constituents have powerful anti toxic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- effective against lung irritation, colds, and coughs
- helps soothe dry coughs by spawning the creation of mucus in your lungs.
- packed with menthol, which is a soothing ingredient that promotes free breathing and relaxes the smooth muscles of your respiratory tract
- dried peppermint possesses cineol, methanofuran, menthyl acetate, menthone, and menthol
- peppermint oil is a good source of pinene, caryophyllene, pulegone, and limonene
- menthol acts as a great decongestant paired with the antihistamine properties of peppermint
- people use therapeutic chest balms and many other inhalants that possess menthol in order to help break up congestion.
Note: consult a Naturopathic Doctor on the frequency, right dosages, and preparation depending on your condition
Live healthy and happy !