There’s no doubt that baking soda is one of the most beneficial ingredients you can find in the kitchen. Apart from cooking, this kitchen staple also has a number of incredible uses around the house. In fact, you can use it for almost anything – cleaning both indoors and outdoors, deodorizing, for beauty treatments, health ailments, and the list doesn’t end here.
Health and Beauty Uses of Baking soda
1. Freshen your mouth. Put one teaspoon of baking soda in a half glass of water then swish, spit and rinse.
2. Facial scrub. Make a paste of 3 parts b. soda to 1 part water. Rub on skin in a circular motion. Rinse clean.
3. Soothe your feet. Dissolve 3 tablespoons of b. soda in a warm bath. Let feet soak and gently scrub.
4. Relieve body odor. Use it as underarm deodorant by applying it with a powder puff.
5. Heartburn. Take a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one-half glass of water.
6. Clean the oven: Mix water and baking soda, and spray it on your oven. Let it stand during the night and in the morning you can scrub and wipe it.
7. Clean sponges:Dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 quart of warm water and soak your smelly sponges in it.
8. Polish silverware: Mix 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water in order to make a paste. Use a clean cloth or sponge to rub onto silverware. Then, rinse it off with clean water.
9. Longer lasting flowers:Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase in order to keep your cut flowers fresh for a longer period of time.
10. Freshen your fridge: You can absorb the odors from your fridge by putting an open container of baking soda in the fridge.
11. Clean shoes: Mix baking soda and water in order to make a paste and apply the mixture to your shoes. Use a sponge to scrub them then you can wipe it off.
Garden and Garage
12. Remove oil stains from garage floors: scrub the spots with a brush and a mixture of water with baking soda;
13. Rejuvenate the greenery: prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda, ½ a teaspoon of clear ammonia, and 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of water. Use a quart of the solution on every rosebush-size shrub that has lost its luster;
14. Repel bugs: sprinkle some baking soda on the basement windows and under the sinks in order to repel ants and cockroaches;
15. Sweeten tomatoes: sprinkle some baking soda on the soil which surrounds the vegetable in order to give a flavor to your tomatoes;
16. Deodorize cars: sprinkle some baking soda onto the fabric and carpets, wait for 15 minutes and vacuum up.
17. Make fluffier omelets– add ½ tsp. baking soda per egg to make your omelet fluffier.
18. Remove pesticides – dissolve ¼ cup baking soda in a sink full of water to remove insecticides from fruit and vegetables. Immerse the produce in the solution, leave it for a couple of hours then rinse well.
19. Deodorize the cutting boards – apply some baking soda on your cutting boards, scrub well then wash.
20. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water when you boil a chicken. The flesh will be white and clean, and the feather will be eliminated easier.