If you are one of those people that wake up in the middle of the night ,over worries and can go back to sleep no matter how hard you try then you are in the right place. Forget about counting ships or doing mantras, thanks to Dr. Andrew Weil we have a way how to fall asleep easily and end countless sleepless nights. Tonight is the night for you to try the trick that Dr. Andrew discovered.
Inspired by yoga ,Dr. Andrew made this “The 4-7-8 Breathing ‘.Very simple and very easy so you can do it where ever and whenever you want or need . No equipment and no extra time needed .Movie marathons in the middle of the night in working days followed by a day with too much coffee so you will stay awake and focused are history .
Here are 5 steps to follow for doing “The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise” :
1) Breath out entirely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2) Close your mouth and inhale gently through your nose to a count of four.
3) Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4) Exhale totally through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5) This is one breath. Do the same for three more times for a total of four breaths.
By doing this exercise you lower the heart rate and calms your mind. Dr. Andrew advises to be maximally focused on keeping the ratio exact and inhaling/exhaling deeply every time.
Although it sounds very easy to be sure not to criticize it before trying it.
If you LIKE and think it can help, please SHARE with your friends and family.