Everyones love’s chocolate! Enjoyed in moderation, it really is a special treat liked by young and old. When added to any cake recipe it has the ability to transform our sensations. This cake is no exception.
This cake is flour-less, which makes it a wonderful option for anyone who is gluten intolerant or coeliac. The quinoa makes this cake light and fluffy and helps to retain a beautiful moistness.
This cake recipe uses lakanto in place of sugar. Lakanto is made from Non-GMO erythritol and the supersweet extract of the luo han guo fruit, also known as monkfruit.It is safe for diabetics and it doesn’t feed the harmful bacteria and yeast in your body. Lakanto has zero calories, zero additives, zero glycemic indexes, and it doesn’t affect the blood sugar and insulin release.
It can be found in two varieties: golden and classic. The first one resembles brown sugar or molasses and the latter has a flavor similar to table sugar.
Gluten-Free Quinoa Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is such a versatile cake and you really can experiment with it. You can keep it light by topping it with freshly prepared fruit, create a German chocolate cake with coconut frosting, or a true chocolate delight with chocolate ganache.
You can also use this recipe to create a single or double layer cake, or cupcakes. Baking directions are included for all options below.
2 cups organic quinoa, cooked
1/3 cup almond milk (use coconut milk for a nut free version)
4 organic eggs (use chia seed gel for vegan option)
½ cup ghee (use coconut oil for a vegan /dairy free version)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup Lakanto (or other sweetener such as coconut sugar)
½ cup cacao powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
1. The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. Take a 9 inch cake pan and put a round of parchment paper on it.
2. Start with melting the butter and then add the quinoa, milk, eggs and vanilla into a food processor. Mix all the ingredients until the mixture becomes smooth and homogenous. DO not mix it more then 1 minute.
3. Take the rest of the ingredients and add them to the previous mixture, and keep mixing until they are combined well.
4. Bake for about 40-42 minutes.
5. Take off the cake out of the pan carefully because it is delicate to flip.
You can make the frosting yourself with only:
¼ cup maple syrup,
½ cup coconut oil,
¾ cup cacao powder
Put the three ingredients in a blender and mix them until smooth.