Bananas are delicious and healthy, not to mention cheap and easily available. The tropical fruit has numerous health benefits and is actually one of the healthiest foods you can eat. If you’re still unaware of the health benefits of bananas, read the following 10 facts:
1. Bananas are rich in potassium, a mineral that can improve your memory and make you smarter.
2. Bananas contain iron which can improve you blood count and help you fight anemia.
3. Bananas can prevent and protect you from kidney cancer and it will also protect the eyes against macular degeneration. Because it increases calcium absorption it will build strong bones.
4. Bananas can protect you from heart attack and stroke because they are high in potassium and low in salt.
5. The fiber in banana can regulate your bowel movements.
6. Bananas can regulate your blood sugar levels and stimulate the production of mood-improving hormones.
7. Bananas are great against depression. They contain tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin in the body and improves your mood instantly.
8. The vitamin B6 content of bananas prevents type 2 diabetes. Eating bananas regularly will improve your mental health and boost the white blood cell production.
9. You can pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar with consuming two bananas before a strenuous workout.
10. Eating bananas every day will reduce the loss of calcium through urine.