It may interest you to know that your sleep posture has a great effect on your digestive system.
In antiquity, monks would lie down after each meal to help with digestion.
The Ayurvedic medicine, which is the oldest Oriental medicine, confirms this as well, and it recommends sleeping on the left side of the body.
And the oldest oriental medicine Ayurvedic confirms that sleeping on the left side of your body has many positive benefits which improve the whole organism in general, more particularly:
– It contributes to the healthy function of the spleen;
– it supports lymphatic drainage;
– it contributes to freer bile flow;
– it improves digestion;
– it eliminates the dangerous substances;
– it promotes the blood flow to the heart;
– it aids the heart to send blood down.