We all know that the fat around the belly area is one of the hardest parts to burn. And we all want flat and ripped stomach, but nobody wants to do sit-ups. But, you shouldn’t be worried, because we have the best solution for you. You can have flat stomach without doing sit-ups all day. The fitness experts have found a simple exercise that can replace even a thousand sit-ups.
The exercise is known as ‘a plank’ which is a static exercise and involves the hands and toes of your body. It is to lay down your weight on your toes and hands and make your body straight.
The movements are very less in this exercise and you will get a result of sturdy and flat stomach. The other benefits of this exercise are painless back as well as strong abdominal muscles.
What is extremely important about it is that if you practice it several times a week for ten minutes a day, you will have better results than if you did 1,000 sit-ups.
Nevertheless, you need to make sure that your body is in the correct starting position, and respect these instructions:
– Firstly keep your palms on the floor and press them firmly. Later keep your shoulders distant from each other by stretching them properly. Make sure your neck is elongated and your hands are stretched enough and not loosen up.
– You have to activate the muscle in your lower body as well to perform this exercise. The most used part of the body for this exercise is abdominal muscles but the firmness in legs is also important. You can relying on the toes and make it tensed or you can squeeze the buttocks to get the necessary charge in the lower body.
– Keep your body in straight line, don’t raise the buttocks too much. Keep them in lower pace and don’t make a triangle of your body.
– Keep a rhythm in your inhale and exhale process when you hold on the right posture.
– To get the right posture, you can also assume that your have a glass of water on your back and you are trying to balance it properly or a ball is rolling the nape side towards you heel. This will help you to hold a right position before you start the exercise.
Steps for Plank Exercise:
– Keep your wrists and shoulders in line and your back in straight position while pressing your knees and hands on the ground.
– Try to look up at least 30 inches ahead from your body. The position of your back of the head should be parallel to the ceiling and nose should be facing towards the ground.
– Now extend the right leg down while keeping your fingers bent. Then extend the left leg. So now you will have your full body weight on the hands and toes.
– Then tighten up the midsection area muscles and remain in the position for 20-60 seconds.
– Then move your knees down to the floor. You can then sit on the heels while your thumbs keep touching and the knees are separate.
– Now move your torso to the thighs. At the same time, try to touch the floor with forehead. Now extend your arms to the full in front and then relax.
– Do this exercise three times in a row. Once you get used to doing it, extend the time for more than 60 seconds.