Being the most valuable brand in history globally, Coca-Cola is also the second most recognized phrase in the world after “hello.” It is sold everywhere and in many places in the world is less expensive than plain water.
Although the company is trying to create an image of environmentally and socially conscious company, the reality is quite different as it is connected to pollution and water shortage.
Additionally, the acidity of Coke has led many to question the toxicity of the product, relating to long-term human health, as its pH rating is only one point higher than that of battery acid.
In a study sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, researchers found that individuals who consumed at least one soda a day had a 44% higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome during the four-year study.
It has been found in a latest study that the people who consume at least one soda daily have a 44% higher risk of suffering from metabolic syndrome.
The team studied more than 2,400 middle-aged white residents of Framingham, Mass., specifically focusing on the more than 1,600 people who showed no signs of metabolic syndrome at the beginning of the study. These individuals were then tracked by the researchers for at least four years.
People who drank at least one soda per day also suffered from:
– a trend toward an increased risk of high blood pressure. – a 25% higher risk of developing high blood triglycerides or high blood sugar; – a 30% higher risk of having a larger waistline; – a 32% greater risk of having low levels of good cholesterol;
– a 31% greater risk of becoming obese;
Another study showed that people face a 48% increased risk of heart attack or stroke if they drink one or more sodas a day unlike those who drink less or don’t drink it at all.
Soft drinks are also proven to increase the risk of respiratory problems like asthma and COPD.
10 Household Uses for Coke
Although Coca –Cola is not healthy if you drink it, it is an excellent cleaning agent because of its acidity.
To understand this better you must know that a pH of 0 to almost 7 in the scale is acidic, from 7 to 14 is alkaline while the pH level of battery acid is 1 and pure water has pH of 7.
On the other hand, Coke has pH levels as low as 2.5.
To conclude, it can clean surfaces even better than various toxic household cleaners.
Here are 10 uses of Coke as a domestic cleaner, which shows that you should avoid drinking it.
1. Remove rust: methods include using fabric, a sponge, or even aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
2. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
3. Clean oil stains from a garage floor: let the stain soak, hose off.
4. Clean burnt pans: let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse. 5. Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades. 6. Make pennies shine: soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish. 7. Remove stains from vitreous china.
8. Clean your toilet: pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
9. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
10. Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Coca-cola can clean many surfaces and the best use of it is not consuming it.
http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/10-industrial-uses-for-coke-which-prove-its-not-fit-for-human-consumption/http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/f9CIeF6.jpg http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/f9CIeF6-150×150.jpg2016-05-22T15:48:59+00:00 Healty Food And Sport TipsGeneral HealthCoca ColaBeing the most valuable brand in history globally, Coca-Cola is also the second most recognized phrase in the world after “hello.” It is sold everywhere and in many places in the world is less expensive than plain water.Although the company is trying to create an image of environmentally and…Healty Food And Sport TipsMartin Spasovskim.firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorHealthy Food And Sport Tips