We all love to enjoy a delicious meal before going to bed, and then experience something like not being able to sleep due to unbearable heartburn, indigestion, or acid reflux.
Healthline found out that 60% of US adult population in the U.S experience gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) within a year and up to to 30% will have weekly symptoms.
There are all kinds of medications on the market for digestion issues,the best is to you use something more naturally
You can also try to avoid foods and drinks that cause indigestion and other stomach problems , but if you don’t want to stop indulging yourself with a delicious meal then you should keep reading.
Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology, recommends that people with GERD should avoid:
- tobacco and nicotine products
- chewing gum and hard candy (these increase the amount of air swallowed, which leads to belching and acid reflux)
- late night snacks and lying down directly after eating
- tight clothing and bending over after eating
- large meals throughout the day (eat smaller meals for better digestion)
- carrying extra weight (being overweight increases the likelihood of experiencing GERD)
- fatty or fried foods
- creamed veggies or soups
- fast foods
- citrus fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, and pineapple
- caffeinated soft drinks
- spicy or acidic foods
- processed meats
While this might seem like a lot to avoid, the key to following this lies in how often you consume these foods and drinks. Stick to a whole foods diet, preferably with as many fruits and vegetables as possible, and try to consume the foods listed above on occasion.
If you decide to eat your favorite meals one evening and experience terrible GERD before going to bed here is a recipe for “golden milk” that can alleviate your symptoms.
What you need to prepare this miracle drink is:
– turmeric -ginger – coconut milk – honey – black pepper .
This drink is amazing for acid reflux.
1.Eases arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties 2.Helps to detoxify the liver 3.Boost blood circulation while also thinning the blood 4.Soothes the digestive tract and prevents ulcers 5.Reduces pain and fevers 6.Prevents and even reverses cancer, in some cases 7.Alleviates arthritis symptoms
8.Promotes brain and heart health
Coconut milk, another ingredient we’ll need for this drink, provides a healthy source of fat, and coats the esophagus to alleviate pain and discomfort from GERD.
Black pepper can enhance the turmeric’s bioavailability and absorption of curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric.
Honey, used for centuries by many people for a variety of ailments, contains important amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins that can help with digestion and ease the burning feeling associated with acid reflux.
– Two cups coconut milk – One teaspoon turmeric – One inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger root or one teaspoon ginger powder – One-quarter teaspoon ground black pepper
– One tablespoon organic honey
Put all ingredients except the honey in a bowl then pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat until it comes to a boil.
Next, reduce heat to low and allow it to cook for 5 minutes,add the honey while the drink is warm.
Enjoy and say goodbye to the heartburn.