Spider veins are twisted red, purple, and blue vessels seen typically on legs and face. This vein abnormality is similar to varicose veins. The only difference is that varicose veins are larger, raised and swollen blood vessels with twists and turns where as spider veins are smaller. Both of these are caused by structural abnormalities of blood vessels. Spider veins are also called telangiectasias.
They can be understood as clusters of tiny blood vessels close to the surface of the skin of an adult person. They often look like spiderweb and thus the name spider veins. Spider veins rarely cause serious complications. Only some people may develop skin ulcers due to spider veins. However, spider veins become a beauty concern due to the not-so-pleasant appearance. There are many treatments that your doctor can give you to cure spider veins such as sclerotherapy, laser therapy, endovenous laser, radiofrequency ablation and vein surgery. If the condition of your veins is not so bad as to develop complications, you can easily get rid of spider veins with the help of some natural home and herbal remedies.
Causes of spider veins
There are many factors that can contribute to the development of spider veins – some you can influence more easily than others. Risk factors include:
– Family predisposition – Prolonged standing, sometimes connected with certain professions – Obesity – Taking contraceptive pills – A history of blood clots or circulation problems
– Hormonal influences – they are more common during puberty, pregnancy and menopause
How to get rid of spider veins naturally
Remedies applied directly to the veins can help relieve the symptoms and shrink them quickly. Try the following:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Spider Veins
A recent study published on 2016 suggested that the external application of apple vinegar on varicosity patients increased the positive effects of conservative treatment.
The patients in the study group were suggested to apply ACV to the area of the leg with varicosity alongside the treatment suggested by the doctor. The patients in the control group received no intervention during the study. After 3 months, the external application of ACV was found to increase the effect of conservative treatment and decrease symptoms without causing any side effects.
This is perhaps the most easy remedy for spider veins and quite effective one too. ACV helps diminish the appearance of spider veins by increasing blood circulation to the affected area.
– Apple Cider Vinegar
– Clean cloth
– Soak the cloth with apple cider vinegar. – Using this as a compress, apply to the area of your body where you have spider veins. – Let it be there for about 15-20 minutes. – Do this 2-3 times a day for at least a month.
– Continue doing even after a month if you can still see some spider veins and do this till all of them disappear.