Coconut mostly grown in Polynesia, Malaysia, and southern Asia and there are many coconut-based products like coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut flour, etc. that are extremely beneficial for our health .
Coconut yogurt is beneficial for the gut and blood sugar levels.
Coconut milk is obtained by grating and soaking the coconut flesh in hot water. The cream appears on the top and can be skimmed off. The rest of the liquid is squeezed to extract a liquid that is actually the ultimate product, coconut milk. Repeating the process creates thicker version which is mostly used for rich sauces and desserts.
THE RECIPE FOR DAIRY-FREE COCONUT YOGURT!
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp agar-agar, or 2 tbsp. of tapioca starch
- 4 probiotic capsules, or 4 tbsps. of store bought coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsps. of raw coconut sugar or maple syrup
- sterilize your glass jars
- fill the jars with boiling water,
- pop them in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 100°F
- shake the coconut milk cans,
- pour contents into a medium-sized pot
- whisk until smooth
- add thickener
- sprinkle the agar-agar over the coconut milk, but don’t stir
- warm the mixture
- bring to a simmer over medium heat,
- turn down to low heat and whisk occasionally for 5-10 minutes
- remove the mixture from the heat
- let it cool for 7 minutes
- add the probiotics
- twist open capsules
- pour contents into the mix and whisk
- shisk in raw coconut sugar or use a pure maple syrup
- pour the mixture into jars
- put it in the oven for 12-24 hours undisturbed
- let the yogurt sit in the fridge for 6 hours
- if there is a pink or gray discoloration in the yogurt, throw it away because it’s a sign that a bad bacteria culture has grown together with the good stuff
- consume this amazing coconut yogurt as a part of your healthy breakfast.
Live healthy and plain life …