People raving about the effects of onion on hair growth recently, it may not sound like the most appealing option, people have used it now for decades and it has helped them in treating baldness.
How does it help?
3 ways onions work to help hair to grow :
- contain sulphur, a powerful ingredient that is associated with hair growth. When applied to the scalp, it promotes blood circulation which in turn provides more nourishment to hair follicles, enabling them to grow faster.
- has anti-bacterial properties that fight off infection thus preventing hair loss.
- contains a special enzyme called catalase, an antioxidant that prevents premature graying in hair.
Study conducted in 2002 was published in the Journal of Dermatology and showed that onion had significant effect in terms of hair growth in people suffering from alopecia. Group of people applied onion juice twice a day and the control group applied only water. After months, the people who were applying onion juice showed hair growth while those who were applying only water didn’t have any.
How do you prepare it?
- take a few onions, peel and dice into small pieces
- put in a blender and run until they are smooth enough to extract juice from
- remove the paste and squeeze the juice into a cup
- once you have enough juice in the cup apply on the scalp
- let the juice stay on for at least 15 minutes or longer if you can stand the smell
- rinse with warm water
- rince with your regular shampoo and conditioner
- repeat this as often as you can .
Onion and honey :
- Mix a half a cup of onion juice with one tablespoon of honey
- apply on the hair and the scalp
- leave on for 30 minutes
- the honey makes your hair stronger
- do this daily for two months
Other home remedies for hair growth
Avocado and honey
- take a half an avocado and two tsp of honey
- mush the avocado
- add the honey
- stir and apply the mixture to your hair and scalp
- put on a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes
- rinse and the condition as usual
- repeat this twice a week
- rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids
- apply it directly to your hair and scalp
- leave it on for 45 minutes
- wear a shower cap because the warm environment promotes castor oils action
- stimulates blood circulation
- provides more nutrition to hair follicles allowing them to grow faster
- do it either with hot oil or a deep moisturizing conditioner
- apply and then massage the scalp in circular motions for about five minutes
- take a break and massage again for five minutes
- shampoo and rinse.
10 Simple Tips on How to Get More Volume In Your Thin Hair
Live healthy and happy life …