Celiac disease today is known as people have adopted craze “gluten free diets”. A big percentage of the population is severely affected by a gluten sensitivity.
Gluten is an ingredient of wheat, barley, and rye –says Mayo Clinic. This disease is an immune reaction to gluten that causes serious intestinal damage, weight loss, malnourishment, and stomach issues. There is no cure for celiacs disease, but it can be managed by sticking to a No gluten diet.
WebMD explains that since celiacs is an immune disease it has to do with how the immune system reacts to the gluten. When someone has celiacs, the immune system forms antibodies to gluten which then attacks the essential lining of the intestine. This causes inflammation and damages the lining of the intestine – causing the person to not be able to absorb the proper nutrients they need.
According to WebMD this attack from the immune system has this symptom:
– Digestive problems :abdominal bloating, pain, gas, diarrhea, pale stools, and weight loss. – A severe skin rash (dermatitis herpetiformis) – Iron deficiency – Musculoskeletal problems :muscle cramps, joint and bone pain – Growth problems and failure to thrive for children – Seizures – Tingling sensation in the legs – Mouth sores
– Missed menstrual periods
Celiacs can also be responsible for other medical conditions like:
– Osteoporosis, it makes trouble absorbing enough calcium and vitamin D. – Miscarriage or infertility – Birth defects – Seizures – Growth problems in children small absorption of nutrients.
– Cancer of the intestine(very rare)
People with celiac disease can have other autoimmune diseases, like:
– Thyroid disease – Type 1 diabetes – Lupus – Rheumatoid arthritis
– Sjögren’s syndrome( a disorder that causes insufficient moisture production by the glands).
To reduce inflammation and make your intestine work properly again, the Mayo Clinic suggest it’s that you need to take the following out of your diet:
– Barley – Bulgur – Durum – Farina – Graham flour – Malt – Rye – Semolina – Spelt (a form of wheat)
Self-diagnose celiacs disease is impossible, so if you have any doubts you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms .Once diagnosed, your doctor will give you your new diet.
Thanks for reading. SHARE if you LIKE.
http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/want-to-know-if-you-have-celiac-disease-be-on-the-lookout-for-these-signs/http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/671f66a98fdca546a0620ab2a000e52a-1024×538.jpg http://www.healthyfoodandsporttips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/671f66a98fdca546a0620ab2a000e52a-150×150.jpg2016-06-15T23:27:52+00:00 Healty Food And Sport TipsGeneral HealthCeliac DiseaseCeliac disease today is known as people have adopted craze ‘gluten free diets’. A big percentage of the population is severely affected by a gluten sensitivity.Gluten is an ingredient of wheat, barley, and rye –says Mayo Clinic. This disease is an immune reaction to gluten that causes serious intestinal…Healty Food And Sport TipsMartin Spasovskim.email@example.comAdministratorHealthy Food And Sport Tips